- 1 Who played the electric guitar in the blues?
- 2 Which blues artist was born in Texas?
- 3 Who started the electric blues?
- 4 Which of the following was a famous electric blues player?
- 5 Who is the best blues guitarist ever?
- 6 Who is the most famous blues singer?
- 7 What famous singer from Texas started playing the guitar when he was six?
- 8 Who is the father of electric blues?
- 9 What is the name of the most popular form of the blues?
- 10 Who is considered the father of the electric blues?
- 11 Who are the most famous blues musicians?
- 12 Who are famous blues musicians?
- 13 Who are the best new blues artists?
Who played the electric guitar in the blues?
Electric blues refers to any type of blues music distinguished by the use of electric amplification for musical instruments. The guitar was the first instrument to be popularly amplified and used by early pioneers T-Bone Walker in the late 1930s and John Lee Hooker and Muddy Waters in the 1940s.
Which blues artist was born in Texas?
Blind Willie Johnson – (January 22, 1897 – September 18, 1945) Born near Brenham, Texas was first and foremost a gospel blues guitarist and singer, an early innovator of the slide guitar (using a pocketknife).
Who started the electric blues?
Origins. The blues, like jazz, probably began to be amplified in the late 1930s. The first star of the electric blues is generally recognized as being T-Bone Walker; born in Texas but moving to Los Angeles to record in the early 1940s, he combined blues with elements of R&B and jazz in a long and prolific career.
Which of the following was a famous electric blues player?
Freddie King – (September 3, 1934 – December 28, 1976) Born in Gilmer, Texas, King was an electric rhythm and blues and Texas blues guitarist who performed with a long list of blues greats throughout his career.
Who is the best blues guitarist ever?
The Best Blues Guitarists of All Time
- Lightnin’ Hopkins.
- Sister Rosetta Tharpe.
- T-Bone Walker.
- Muddy Waters.
- Albert King.
- B.B King. Recommended B.B. King listening: Singin’ the blues.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan. Recommended Stevie Ray Vaughan listening: Texas Flood.
- Derek Trucks. Recommended Derek Trucks listening: Revelator.
Who is the most famous blues singer?
The main source being The All Music Guide To The Blues (Miller Freeman Books).
- The Top Ten.
- Charley Patton (1887 – 1934)
- Blind Blake (early 1890s – 1933)
- Blind Lemon Jefferson (1897 – 1929)
- Lonnie Johnson (1899 – 1970)
- Louis Jordan (1908 -1975)
- T-Bone Walker (1910 – 1975)
- John Lee “Sonny Boy” Williamson (1914 -1948)
What famous singer from Texas started playing the guitar when he was six?
Born and raised in Dallas, Texas, Vaughan began playing guitar at age seven, initially inspired by his elder brother Jimmie Vaughan.
|Stevie Ray Vaughan|
|Awards||List of awards and nominations|
|Genres||Blues blues rock electric blues Texas blues|
Who is the father of electric blues?
Muddy Waters One of the early musicians who pioneered the electric blues style was McKinley Morganfield. He is known better as Muddy Waters. He was born in Mississippi but headed to Chicago in the early 1940’s as part of the ‘great migration.
What is the name of the most popular form of the blues?
The most common form of blues is the twelve-bar blues, which includes 3 lines with 4 chords.
Who is considered the father of the electric blues?
The revered fifteen-time Grammy Award-winning artist, singer, guitarist, and founding father of the electric blues, B.B. King inspired generations of musicians including Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, Eric Clapton, Jeff beck and more.
Who are the most famous blues musicians?
- BIG BILL BROONZY (Lee Conley Bradley; 1903 – 1958)
- SON HOUSE (Eddie James “Son” House, Jr.; 1902 –1988)
- BLIND WILLIE McTELL (William Samuel McTier; 1898 –1959)
- MAMIE SMITH (née Robinson; 1891 – 1946)
- ARTHUR “BIG BOY” CRUDUP (Arthur William Crudup; 1905 –1974)
- SKIP JAMES (Nehemiah Curtis “Skip” James; 1902 –1969)
Who are famous blues musicians?
|Name||Birth year||Primary style|
|Papa Charlie Jackson||1890*||Country blues|
|Skip James||1902||Delta blues|
|Blind Lemon Jefferson||1893||Country blues|
|Blind Willie Johnson||1897||Gospel blues|
Who are the best new blues artists?
10+ Contemporary Blues Artists Who Are Keeping the Blues Alive
- 10 Great Modern Blues Artists. The numbers are not a ranking system, they are in no particular order.
- Kenny Wayne Shepherd.
- Joe Bonamassa.
- Warren Haynes.
- Janiva Magness.
- Tab Benoit.
- Larkin Poe.
- Robert Cray.