- 1 What is the bass line called in the Blues?
- 2 What is the easiest song to play on bass guitar?
- 3 What scales should I learn for bass?
- 4 What are the key features of blues music?
- 5 What 3 lines structure do blues use?
- 6 Why is it called a walking bass line?
- 7 What are the common features of a walking bass line?
- 8 Are bassists failed guitarists?
- 9 What is the hardest song to play on bass?
- 10 Is Bass easier than guitar?
- 11 What are the 3 chords used in the 12 bar blues?
- 12 How do you master the blues?
What is the bass line called in the Blues?
What Is A Walking Bass Line? A walking bass line is simply a melodic bass line found mainly in jazz and blues styles in which you ‘walk’ around in quarter notes connecting the chords.
What is the easiest song to play on bass guitar?
9 Easy Bass Songs For Beginners
- 1.1 1. Seven Nation Army.
- 1.2 2. Another one bites the dust by Queen.
- 1.3 Smell like teen spirit.
- 1.4 Come together by Beatles.
- 1.5 Wipeout – Surfaris.
- 1.6 Bombtrack – Rage Against The Machine.
- 1.7 Pretty fly for a white.
- 1.8 Sunshine of Your Love – Eric Clapton (Cream)
What scales should I learn for bass?
Bass Scales: 5 Easy Bass Guitar Scales For Beginners
- The Major Scale. Scale Degrees. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8.
- The Major Pentatonic Scale. Scale Degrees. 1 2 3 5 6 8.
- The Natural Minor Scale. Scale Degrees. 1 2 b3 4 5 b6 b7 8.
- The Minor Pentatonic Scale. Scale Degrees. 1 b3 4 5 b7 8.
- The Blues Scale. Scale Degrees. 1 b3 4 #4/b5 5 b7 8.
What are the key features of blues music?
The main features of blues include: specific chord progressions, a walking bass, call and response, dissonant harmonies, syncopation, melisma and flattened ‘blue’ notes. Blues is known for being microtonal, using pitches between the semitones defined by a piano keyboard.
What 3 lines structure do blues use?
The lyrics of a 12-bar blues song often follow what’s known as an AAB pattern. “A” refers to the first and second four-bar verse, and “B” is the third four-bar verse. In a 12-bar blues, the first and second lines are repeated, and the third line is a response to them—often with a twist.
Why is it called a walking bass line?
While often associated with jazz, walking bass can be found in any genre. It is simply a moving bass line consisting of a constant rhythmic pulse; the walking bass name refers to the footstep-like regularity of the rhythmic motion.
What are the common features of a walking bass line?
Walking Bass – lines
- Stepwise movement. Walking up or down a diatonic scale.
- Chromatic approach notes ( notes one semitone above or below your target note) & other passing notes.
- Octave jumps.
- 5th jumps.
- Repeated notes (playing the same note twice)
- Interval skips generally following some kind of pattern.
Are bassists failed guitarists?
Bassists are by no means failed guitarists. If anything, they’re musicians first, bassists second. There are three basic types of bassists in the world. Some fit in more than one category, and others fit in none, but by and large, you’ll see these types of people playing the fat strings.
What is the hardest song to play on bass?
Top 10 Most Challenging Songs To Play On Bass
- Hysteria – Muse.
- (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth – Metallica.
- Jerry Was A Racecar Driver – Primus.
- YYZ – Rush.
- Teen Town – Weather Report.
- Nobody Weird Like Me – Red Hot Chili Peppers.
- Victor Wooten – More Love.
- Frantic Disembowelment – Cannibal Corpse.
Is Bass easier than guitar?
Yes. Bass is easier to pick up than electric guitar. Your basic job will only require you to play root notes, possibly just 3 notes the entire song.
What are the 3 chords used in the 12 bar blues?
The standard 12 – bar blues progression has three chords in it – the 1 chord, the 4 chord, and then the 5 chord. In the key of E blues, the 1 chord is an E, the 4 chord is an A, and the 5 chord is a B. Let’s talk about blues rhythm.
How do you master the blues?
The Best Way to Learn Blues Guitar
- Learn a basic blues shuffle.
- Practice playing the shuffle along with a drum machine or backing track.
- Learn some simple blues guitar licks.
- Practice playing those licks over a backing track.
- Pick an easy blues song and start learning it from start to finish.