- 1 What is the meaning of I Guess That’s Why They Call It the Blues?
- 2 What blues means?
- 3 Who plays harmonica on Elton John’s I Guess That’s Why They Call It the Blues?
- 4 What songs are called Blues?
- 5 How do you use blues in a sentence?
- 6 What is the purpose of the blues?
- 7 Why is it called Monday blues?
- 8 What is Elton John’s number one song?
What is the meaning of I Guess That’s Why They Call It the Blues?
Discussing the meaning of the song, Bernie Taupin said: “I wrote this in Montserrat, an island that, tragically, no longer exists. Basically, it’s a letter home with a small tip included about making the most of time, not wishing it away just because you can’t be with the one you love.
What blues means?
Definition of ‘ blues ‘ 1. a feeling of depression or deep unhappiness. 2. a type of folk song devised by Black Americans at the beginning of the 20th century, usually employing a basic 12-bar chorus, the tonic, subdominant, and dominant chords, frequent minor intervals, and blue notes.
Who plays harmonica on Elton John’s I Guess That’s Why They Call It the Blues?
This hummable blues -rock number, featuring Stevie Wonder on harmonica, was the album’s lead single. It reached number five in the UK chart and has since become a fan favourite.
What songs are called Blues?
While you’re reading, listen to our Best Blues Songs playlist here.
- BB King – The Thrill Is Gone.
- Robert Johnson – Me And The Devil Blues.
- John Lee Hooker – Boogie Chillen.
- Little Walter And His Jukes – My Babe.
- Howlin’ Wolf – Evil.
- Robert Johnson – Crossroads.
- Blind Lemon Jefferson – Matchbox Blues.
How do you use blues in a sentence?
a state of depression.
- He plays blues on the accordion.
- I’ve got the blues today.
- He melded country music with blues to create rock and roll.
- Blues is a musical form that uses a lot of repetition.
- She has cried the blues about its financial woes.
- The sound veers between jazz and countrified blues.
What is the purpose of the blues?
The social significance of Blues music resides in the revolutionary element of African Americans creating their own aesthetics. Blues music represented the opposing voice that refused to be silenced by oppression and segregation. The Blues expressed this with unprecedented clarity, honesty and simplicity.
Why is it called Monday blues?
It has nothing to do with the color ‘ blue ‘. If you have blues, you feel sad. The commonest use is ‘ Monday Blues ‘ referring to laziness one gets to get to work (as they just enjoyed ‘work-free’ weekends). If you say, “Morning blues ” probably it means the morning you don’t feel to do anything.
What is Elton John’s number one song?
John’s biggest Hot 100 hit, the double-sided single “Candle in the Wind 1997″/”Something About the Way You Look Tonight,” debuted at No. 1 on Oct. 11, 1997, and ruled for 14 weeks. “Candle,” his tribute to Princess Diana, who died that Aug.