- 1 Who are some famous blues artists?
- 2 Who played blues music?
- 3 Which of these artists is associated with the soul blues?
- 4 Who is the most popular blues singer?
- 5 Who is the best blues music?
- 6 Who is the best blues artist?
- 7 Why is the Blues called the devil’s music?
- 8 What are the three famous blues songs?
- 9 What made blues music popular?
- 10 What are 3 characteristics of soul music?
- 11 Who are the biggest stars of blues today?
- 12 Is Blues and Jazz the same?
- 13 What are the top 20 blues songs?
- 14 Who made blues popular?
- 15 Where is blues music most popular?
Who are some famous blues artists?
|Papa Charlie Jackson||1890*||Louisiana|
|Blind Lemon Jefferson||1893||Texas|
|Blind Willie Johnson||1897||Texas|
Who played blues music?
10 Early Artists Who Defined the Blues
- Bessie Smith (1894-1937) Smith Collection/Gado/Getty Images.
- Big Bill Broonzy (1893-1958) Bettman/Getty Images.
- Blind Lemon Jefferson (1897-1929)
- Charley Patton (1887-1934)
- Leadbelly (1888-1949)
- Lonnie Johnson (1899-1970)
- Robert Johnson (1911-1938)
- Son House (1902-1988)
Which of these artists is associated with the soul blues?
The following is a list of soul blues musicians.
- Johnny Adams.
- Peggy Scott-Adams.
- Kip Anderson.
- James Armstrong.
- Reneé Austin.
- L.V. Banks.
- Jo Jo Benson.
- Buster Benton.
Who is the most popular blues singer?
The main source being The All Music Guide To The Blues (Miller Freeman Books).
- Otis Spann (1930 – 1970)
- Albert Collins (1932 – 1993)
- John Mayall (1933 – )
- Freddie King (1934 – 1976)
- Paul Butterfield (1942 – 1987)
- Johnny Winter (1944 – )
- Eric Clapton (1945 – )
- Stevie Ray Vaughan (1954 – 1990)
Who is the best blues music?
The Best Blues Songs Of All Time
- BB King – The Thrill Is Gone.
- Robert Johnson – Me And The Devil Blues.
- John Lee Hooker – Boogie Chillen.
- Little Walter And His Jukes – My Babe.
- Howlin’ Wolf – Evil.
- Robert Johnson – Crossroads.
- Blind Lemon Jefferson – Matchbox Blues.
- Muddy Waters – Got My Mojo Working.
Who is the best blues artist?
- Stevie Ray Vaughan. In 1988, just two years before his death, the blues master spoke to Guitarist about his music, his brother Jimmie, his love for Hendrix, and the guitar he called “My First Wife” Playing. “I just play a lot.
- BB King.
- Buddy Guy.
- Albert King.
- Joe Bonamassa.
- Robert Johnson.
- Rory Gallagher.
- Muddy Waters.
Why is the Blues called the devil’s music?
Not sure much the Blues but it’s reinvention through early rock and roll Like Elvis and Chuck Barry etc… People referred to this as the Devil’s Music because it was widely believed, at the time, that it caused teens of the day to indulge in sinful activities like premarital sex and drugs.
What are the three famous blues songs?
Top 10 Blues Songs of All Time
- I Cant Quit You Baby – Otis Rush.
- I’d Rather Go Blind – Etta James.
- Crossroad Blues – Robert Johnson.
- Pride and Joy – Stevie Ray Vaughan.
- I’m Tore Down – Freddy King.
- Born Under A Bad Sign – Albert King.
- Sunshine of Your Love – Cream.
- Hoochie Coochie Man – Muddy Waters.
What made blues music popular?
In the 1920s, the blues became a major element of African American and American popular music, reaching white audiences via Handy’s arrangements and the classic female blues performers. The blues evolved from informal performances in bars to entertainment in theaters.
What are 3 characteristics of soul music?
What is soul music?
- gospel influence – intense vocals, call and response.
- an emphasis on the rhythm section.
- large horn sections (trumpets, saxophones and trombones)
Who are the biggest stars of blues today?
Top 15 Contemporary Blues Rock Guitarists 2020
- ERIC GALES. Eric Gales is one of the finest guitarists in the world right now in the blues based rock, jazz or any other style.
- JOE BONAMASSA.
- JOANNA CONNOR.
- JOE LOUIS WALKER.
- ROBBEN FORD.
- JOSH SMITH.
- ALBERT CASTIGLIA.
- MIKE ZITO.
Is Blues and Jazz the same?
Blues is derived from Bluegrass, Jazz, R&B, and Rock. Jazz comes from Calypso, Funk, Soul, and Swing. It’s important to know that Blues was around before Jazz; thus, Blues can be considered an element of Jazz music. Jazz is from New Orleans, while Blues is from Mississippi.
What are the top 20 blues songs?
Friday Top: 20 Best Blues Songs of All Time
- Gary Moore – Still Got the Blues (For You)
- Albert King – Born Under a Bad Sign.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan – Texas Flood.
- Lead Belly – Where Did you Sleep Last Night.
- Jimi Hendrix – Red House.
- Robert Johnson – Cross Road Blues.
- John Lee Hooker – Boom Boom.
- B.B. King – The Thrill Is Gone.
Who made blues popular?
Blues music is characterised by sad melodies and even today the expression ‘having the blues ‘ means you are feeling gloomy. Early blues music was very slow and emotional using simple harmonies with a vocalist accompanied by a guitar. Bessie Smith and Robert Johnson made the blues style very popular in the 1920s.
Where is blues music most popular?
Chicago. The great city of Chicago has music venues for every taste, but it is particularly known for the Blues. The “Chicago Blues ” style came about in the post-World War II-era when many African-American southerners moved to the industrial north in search of jobs.