- 1 Where do I start with the Blues Reddit?
- 2 Where is the blues most popular?
- 3 What album of BB S is considered one of the best live blues recordings of all time?
- 4 Which came first jazz or blues?
- 5 What city is known for the blues?
- 6 What is the blues capital of the world?
- 7 What’s the 10 best selling albums of all time?
- 8 Who are the best blues guitarists?
- 9 What is BB King’s best album?
- 10 What is the difference between jazz and the blues?
- 11 Who is the father of American jazz?
- 12 Why was Blues considered devil’s music?
Where do I start with the Blues Reddit?
Start with Robert Johnson. Anything and everything by Robert Johnson. Then move on to Muddy Waters, Howlin’ Wolf and John Lee Hooker. From Johnson you can go forward to Muddy Waters and Howlin’ Wolf or backwards to Charley Patton and Son House.
Where is the blues most popular?
Chicago. The great city of Chicago has music venues for every taste, but it is particularly known for the Blues. The “Chicago Blues ” style came about in the post-World War II-era when many African-American southerners moved to the industrial north in search of jobs.
What album of BB S is considered one of the best live blues recordings of all time?
Live at the Regal is a 1965 live album by American blues guitarist and singer B.B. King. It was recorded on November 21, 1964 at the Regal Theater in Chicago. The album is widely heralded as one of the greatest blues albums ever recorded and is #141 on Rolling Stone’s 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.
Which came first jazz or blues?
Similarities Between Blues and Jazz Both genres originated in the Southern United States around the late 1800s to early 1900s, with blues arriving first, then jazz a little later.
What city is known for the blues?
LOUIS — Die-hard music lovers, casual fans and globe-trotting tourists readily embrace Chicago as the home of the blues, spurred in large part by the Great Migration northward of Southern blacks in the early and mid-20th century.
What is the blues capital of the world?
I’ll tell you in no uncertain terms what is and has been for the past 30 plus years the capital of the modern blues world Long Beach, California. That’s right Long Beach. For anyone who has lived in California for any length of time, they are now uttering under their breath or hopefully out loud, “DUH.”
What’s the 10 best selling albums of all time?
Check out the 50 best – selling albums of all time:
- Eagles — “Their Greatest Hits (1971-1975)”
- Michael Jackson — “Thriller”
- Eagles — “Hotel California”
- AC/DC — “Back In Black”
- The Beatles — “The Beatles” (“The White Album “)
- Billy Joel — ” Greatest Hits Volume 1 & Volume 2″
- Led Zeppelin — “Led Zeppelin IV”
Who are the best blues guitarists?
My List of Best Blues Guitarists
- Jimmy Reed.
- B.B. King.
- Chuck Berry.
- Buddy Guy.
- Jimi Hendrix.
- Eric Clapton.
- Rory Gallagher.
- Stevie Ray Vaughn. Stephen Ray Vaughan (October 3, 1954 – August 27, 1990) was a Grammy Award-winning American guitarist, singer, and songwriter.
What is BB King’s best album?
Ten Best Albums Of B.B. King
|1||1. B.B. King The Best of B.B. King Volume One (1991) [Compilation]|
|2||2. B.B. King The Blues (1958)|
|3||3. B.B. King King of the Blues (1960)|
|4||4. B.B. King Live at the Regal (1965)|
|5||5. B.B. King Blues Is King (1967)|
What is the difference between jazz and the blues?
The main focus of jazz music is the dynamics and improvisations of an ensemble, while blues music is usually centered on a single guitar player/vocalist, and the personal lyrical content of the song. Most jazz tunes are purely instrumental, while a blues song always contains lyrics.
Who is the father of American jazz?
Buddy Bolden, Known As ‘The Father Of Jazz ‘ Honored In New Opera | 90.1 FM WABE.
Why was Blues considered devil’s music?
The origins of the blues are closely related to the religious music of Afro-American community, the spirituals. It was the low-down music played by rural blacks. Depending on the religious community a musician belonged to, it was more or less considered a sin to play this low-down music: blues was the devil’s music.