- 1 How do you put medals on dress blues?
- 2 How do you mount Navy medals on uniform?
- 3 How do you put medals on a uniform?
- 4 How do you display Navy medals?
- 5 How high do medals go on dress blues?
- 6 Can you wear medals with dress blues?
- 7 What do the colored bars mean on a Navy uniform?
- 8 Can you wear Army awards on a Navy uniform?
- 9 Can you have your hands in your pockets in the Navy?
- 10 Can I wear my dad’s medals?
- 11 How do you put medals on Navy dress blues?
- 12 Can you wear your military medals on civilian clothing?
- 13 When can you wear white Navy dress?
- 14 What medals can you earn in the Navy?
- 15 How do you display medals?
How do you put medals on dress blues?
Location. Medals on the Marine Corps dress blue uniform should be centered above the left breast pocket and attached to a holding bar designed to support their weight. This holding bar should be centered between the first and second buttons on the coat.
Mount medals so they cover suspension ribbon of the medal below. When large medals are worn, all unit citations and ribbons with no medal authorized are centered over the right breast pocket the bottom edge 1/8 inch above the top of the pocket. Wear miniature navy medals with all formal and dinner dress uniforms.
How do you put medals on a uniform?
Wear official medals on the left, using a metal bar.
- The center of the holding bar should be parallel to the ground.
- The most senior medal should be on the right side of the bar in the position furthest away from the left shoulder.
- Commemorative or nonofficial awards, when worn, should be placed on the right side.
The classic, tride-and-true way of how to display your military medals is by wearing a medal rack on your uniform. Wearing your medals during a wedding, banquet, funeral, is a traditional and classic way to display your medals, if only for a short time.
How high do medals go on dress blues?
Full size medals on the blue or white dress jacket are centered on the left breast pocket with the upper edge of the holding bar on line midway between the 1st and 2nd button of the jacket.
Can you wear medals with dress blues?
Large medals are worn on the service coat or jumper of Full Dress Blues and Full Dress White. Multiple rows of ribbons should be grouped with the same number of medals in each row, with the lesser number in the top row if necessary. A maximum of three medals may be worn side by side in a single row with no overlap.
Color bars signify the time that the person served and/or the geographic location. This is one of the main uses of the color bars. This is usually a patch with a purple and white color bar, and the actual medal kept safe at home. Indicator bars represent a specific unit or task the soldier was assigned to.
You won’t get approval to wear any Army badges, unless it is the same badge that the Navy wears (parachutist insignia, EOD, etc.) Some Army badges such as the CAB or CIB can be converted into Navy ribbons (CAR) but it requires paperwork. edit: You should also remove the ISAF bar from your NATO medal.
While in uniform, it is inappropriate and detracts from military smartness for personnel to have their hands in their pockets. These regulations describe all authorized U.S. Navy uniforms and the proper manner for their wear.
Can I wear my dad’s medals?
The rule is that war medals should only be worn on the left breast by the person upon whom they were conferred. However, if you wish to wear your family medals you should wear them on the right breast to indicate they were not conferred upon you.
Medals should be arranged over the left breast pocket to be centered and not obscured by the coat lapel. Five medals is the maximum amount that can be worn side by side. Multiple rows of medals may be grouped with the same number of medals, any grouping of fewer medals than the other rows should be worn on top.
Can you wear your military medals on civilian clothing?
It is permissible for veterans and retirees to wear military awards on civilian clothes for gatherings of a military theme. On significant holidays, veterans and retirees are encouraged to wear their awards and medals. The choice of either full-size medal or miniature is an individual one.
Like its Service Dress Blue (SDB) counterpart, the Male Officer Service Dress White uniform (SDW) is prescribed for wear for all functions where Formal, Dinner, or Full Dress uniforms are not prescribed.
Navy and Marine Corps Awards and Decorations
- Navy and Marine Combat Action Ribbon.
- Selected Marine Corps Reserve Medal.
- Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal (MCGCM)
- Navy Good Conduct Medal (NGCM)
- Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal.
- Air Medal.
- Sea Service Deployment Ribbon.
How do you display medals?
Hanging Your Medals. Hang your medals from a display shelf with hanging hooks. Purchase a display shelf with hanging hooks that are attached to a wooden strip that runs underneath the length of the shelf. Medals with ribbons can be hung from the hooks, while medals that cannot be hung can be placed on the above shelf.