- 1 What is the DSN for Scott AFB?
- 2 What aircraft are stationed at Scott AFB?
- 3 Is Scott Air Force Base still open?
- 4 What units are at Scott AFB?
- 5 Is Scott AFB a good base?
- 6 What do you need to get on Scott Air Force Base?
- 7 What are the best Air Force bases?
- 8 What town is Scott Air Force Base near?
- 9 Why is Scott Air Force Base on lockdown?
- 10 How far is Scott AFB from Chicago?
- 11 Where should I live near Scott AFB?
- 12 Who is Scott AFB named after?
- 13 What is the area code for Scott AFB?
- 14 Where is Air Mobility Command?
- 15 What is Scott AFB zip code?
What is the DSN for Scott AFB?
Call them at 618-256-1201 or ( DSN ) 312-576-1201 for more details. The Scott AFB official site directs all new arrivals to contact the Inbound TMO office on arrival.
What aircraft are stationed at Scott AFB?
The wing’s operational mission is to provide unrivaled air mobility operations through its fleet of C-21 aircraft and through its Total Force Integration partnerships with the Guard and Reserve in flying KC-135 and C-40 aircraft. The wing owns 14 C-21As, that operate at Scott Air Force Base.
Is Scott Air Force Base still open?
The base currently employs 13,000 people, 5,100 civilians with 5,500 active-duty Air Force, and an additional 2,400 Air National Guard and Reserve personnel.
|Scott Air Force Base|
|Owner||Department of Defense|
|Operator||US Air Force|
|Controlled by||Air Mobility Command (AMC)|
What units are at Scott AFB?
Scott AFB, IL – Units
- 18th Air Force HQ. 618-229-0626.
- 375th Air Mobility Wing. 618-256-3751/256-5286.
- 375th Communications Group (CG) 618-256-5122.
- 375th Medical Group (MDG)
- 375th Mission Support Group (MSG)
- 375th Operations Group (OG)
- Air Force Network Integration Center HQ.
- Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) HQ.
Is Scott AFB a good base?
Scott Air Force Base is one of the best places to be stationed, military news site says. Scott Air Force Base was named the second-best place at which to be stationed while serving in the Air Force by a national military news website.
What do you need to get on Scott Air Force Base?
To register, individuals should bring their Driver’s License and all DoD issued ID cards. For more information on DBIDS, please call the 375th Security Forces Squadron at 618-256-6157 or 618-256-6166.
What are the best Air Force bases?
- Langley Air Force Base – Virginia.
- MacDill Air Force Base – Florida.
- Seymour Johnson Air Force Base – North Carolina.
- Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base New Orleans – Louisiana.
- Mountain Home Air Force Base – Idaho.
- Joint Base San Antonio Lackland – Texas.
- Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson – Alaska.
What town is Scott Air Force Base near?
Scott Air Force Base is located just a few minutes east of Belleville in Southwestern Illinois. The Shiloh Gate, Scott’s primary vehicle entrance point, is only 1.5 miles southeast of Interstate 64 (Exit 19A) at Rt 158. Belleville is proud to have Scott AFB as a neighbor.
Why is Scott Air Force Base on lockdown?
ST. Clair County was placed on lockdown Wednesday afternoon after a report of a dangerous man, according to the base’s Facebook page. The lockdown followed a report of a man on the base who was believed to be armed and dangerous.
How far is Scott AFB from Chicago?
There are 258.54 miles from Scott AFB to Chicago in northeast direction and 295 miles (474.76 kilometers) by car, following the I-55 N route.
Where should I live near Scott AFB?
3) What cities are near Scott AFB? St. Louis, Missouri, which sits along the Mississippi River, is about 20 miles northwest of Scott AFB. Other cities nearby include Shiloh, O’Fallon, Mascoutah, Swansea, Fairview Heights, and New Baden, IL.
Who is Scott AFB named after?
The field was named after Cpl. Frank Scott, the first enlisted service member to be killed in an aviation crash. Today, Scott Air Force Base covers more than 3,500 acres and employs 13,000 military and civilian service members.
What is the area code for Scott AFB?
Scott Air Force Base, IL Covers 1 ZIP Code
|ZIP Code||Area Code (s)||Timezone|
Where is Air Mobility Command?
Air Mobility Command was activated June 1, 1992, with headquarters at Scott Air Force Base, Illinois, and is one of 11 major Air Force commands.
What is Scott AFB zip code?
|List of Zipcodes in Scott AFB, Illinois|
|ZIP Code||ZIP Code Name||Population|
|62225||Scott Air Force Base||5381|