- 1 What it’s like to feel the blues?
- 2 What songs are called Blues?
- 3 Can Blues be happy?
- 4 What is so special about blues music?
- 5 What are the top 20 blues songs?
- 6 Who is the most famous blues singer?
- 7 Who was the most popular classic blues singer?
- 8 Who was famous for singing the blues?
- 9 What is the meaning of singing the blues?
What it’s like to feel the blues?
If you have the so-called blues, you might feel sad or tearful, want to spend time by yourself, and lack your usual energy or motivation. These feelings usually tend to be pretty mild, though, and they generally pass before too long.
What songs are called Blues?
While you’re reading, listen to our Best Blues Songs playlist here.
- BB King – The Thrill Is Gone.
- Robert Johnson – Me And The Devil Blues.
- John Lee Hooker – Boogie Chillen.
- Little Walter And His Jukes – My Babe.
- Howlin’ Wolf – Evil.
- Robert Johnson – Crossroads.
- Blind Lemon Jefferson – Matchbox Blues.
Can Blues be happy?
Why The Blues Isn’t Just a Sad Emotion Because not all blues music expresses negative emotion. Whole subgenres of the blues, like jump blues, evoke a feeling that is upbeat, cheerful, positive and even happy.
What is so special about blues music?
In the very best blues the pain changes, because of the music, into something light.” That lightness and ease come to be because the musical form given to those feelings—in both the organization of the words and the notes—shows the world has a structure that is logical and sensible, and makes for a good time!
What are the top 20 blues songs?
Friday Top: 20 Best Blues Songs of All Time
- Gary Moore – Still Got the Blues (For You)
- Albert King – Born Under a Bad Sign.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan – Texas Flood.
- Lead Belly – Where Did you Sleep Last Night.
- Jimi Hendrix – Red House.
- Robert Johnson – Cross Road Blues.
- John Lee Hooker – Boom Boom.
- B.B. King – The Thrill Is Gone.
Who is the most famous blues singer?
The main source being The All Music Guide To The Blues (Miller Freeman Books).
- The Top Ten.
- Charley Patton (1887 – 1934)
- Blind Blake (early 1890s – 1933)
- Blind Lemon Jefferson (1897 – 1929)
- Lonnie Johnson (1899 – 1970)
- Louis Jordan (1908 -1975)
- T-Bone Walker (1910 – 1975)
- John Lee “Sonny Boy” Williamson (1914 -1948)
Who was the most popular classic blues singer?
The most popular of the classic blues singers was Tennessee-born Bessie Smith, who first recorded in 1923.
Who was famous for singing the blues?
Singing the Blues
|” Singing the Blues “|
|Guy Mitchell singles chronology|
|“Ninety Nine Years” (1956) ” Singing the Blues ” (1956) “Crazy with Love” (1956)|
What is the meaning of singing the blues?
: feeling sad and discouraged He’s been singing the blues since he lost his job.