- 1 Who were the early blues musicians?
- 2 Who was the first Delta blues singer?
- 3 Who are some famous blues musicians?
- 4 Who was in the Delta blues?
- 5 Who is the best blues musician?
- 6 What instruments were used in early blues?
- 7 Who was the greatest of the classic blues singers?
- 8 Who was the first famous blues musician?
- 9 What are the characteristics of Delta blues?
- 10 What are the three famous blues songs?
- 11 Where is blues music most popular?
- 12 What successful musicians still perform the blues today?
- 13 Who is the father of the Delta blues?
- 14 What is the difference between classic blues and Delta blues?
- 15 What is the most common form of the blues?
Who were the early blues musicians?
10 Early Artists Who Defined the Blues
- of 10. Bessie Smith (1894-1937)
- of 10. Big Bill Broonzy (1893-1958)
- of 10. Blind Lemon Jefferson (1897-1929)
- of 10. Charley Patton (1887-1934)
- of 10. Leadbelly (1888-1949)
- of 10. Lonnie Johnson (1899-1970)
- of 10. Robert Johnson (1911-1938)
- of 10. Son House (1902-1988)
Who was the first Delta blues singer?
Charlie Patton might have been the first important delta blues musician, but Robert Johnson (no relation to Tommy Johnson) is almost certainly the most famous.
Who are some famous blues musicians?
|Name||Birth year||Primary style|
|Papa Charlie Jackson||1890*||Country blues|
|Skip James||1902||Delta blues|
|Blind Lemon Jefferson||1893||Country blues|
|Blind Willie Johnson||1897||Gospel blues|
Who was in the Delta blues?
This was displaced by the new Chicago blues sound in the early 1950s, pioneered by Delta bluesmen Muddy Waters, Howlin’ Wolf and Little Walter, harking back to a Delta -influenced sound, but with amplified instruments.
Who is the best blues musician?
The Best Blues Guitarists of All Time
- Lightnin’ Hopkins.
- Sister Rosetta Tharpe.
- T-Bone Walker.
- Muddy Waters.
- Albert King.
- B.B King. Recommended B.B. King listening: Singin’ the blues.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan. Recommended Stevie Ray Vaughan listening: Texas Flood.
- Derek Trucks. Recommended Derek Trucks listening: Revelator.
What instruments were used in early blues?
The combination of instruments used in early blues music included the clarinet, drum, guitar, piano, trombone, and trumpet.
Who was the greatest of the classic blues singers?
Whether you like Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson, or that bluesy broad Etta James, there’s now denying they’re all some of the most famous blues musicians of all time.
Who was the first famous blues musician?
The first blues recordings were made in the 1920s by Black women such as Mamie Smith, Ma Rainey, Ida Cox, and Bessie Smith. These performers were primarily stage singers backed by jazz bands; their style is known as classic blues. Ma Rainey (centre) and her band, 1923.
What are the characteristics of Delta blues?
The Mississippi Delta style of blues —or, simply, Delta blues —emphasized solo performances by singers accompanying themselves on guitar and relying on a host of distinctive techniques, such as the sliding of a bottleneck or metal object (such as a knife) along the fingerboard to bend notes, the use of melodic phrases on
What are the three famous blues songs?
Top 10 Blues Songs of All Time
- I Cant Quit You Baby – Otis Rush.
- I’d Rather Go Blind – Etta James.
- Crossroad Blues – Robert Johnson.
- Pride and Joy – Stevie Ray Vaughan.
- I’m Tore Down – Freddy King.
- Born Under A Bad Sign – Albert King.
- Sunshine of Your Love – Cream.
- Hoochie Coochie Man – Muddy Waters.
Where is blues music most popular?
Chicago. The great city of Chicago has music venues for every taste, but it is particularly known for the Blues. The “Chicago Blues ” style came about in the post-World War II-era when many African-American southerners moved to the industrial north in search of jobs.
What successful musicians still perform the blues today?
The 30 best blues guitarists in the world today
- Joe Bonamassa.
- Eric Clapton.
- Derek Trucks.
- Buddy Guy.
- John Mayer.
- Kenny Wayne Shepherd.
- Samantha Fish.
- Gary Clark Jr.
Who is the father of the Delta blues?
|Died||April 28, 1934 Sunflower County, Mississippi|
|Genres||Delta blues country blues gospel blues|
|Instruments||Guitar Slide guitar|
What is the difference between classic blues and Delta blues?
Delta blues gave rise to Chicago and Detroit blues. Recordings are mostly one person singing and playing, while live shows involved bands more often. However, bands were minimal, usually bass and light drums. Basic Delta blues were enhanced with electric guitar amplification, as well as piano and bass guitar.
What is the most common form of the blues?
The most common musical form of blues is the 12-bar blues. The term “12-bar” refers to the number of measures, or musical bars, used to express the theme of a typical blues song.