- 1 Who invented blues rock?
- 2 What is the difference between blues and rock?
- 3 What bands are considered blues rock?
- 4 What are the main characteristics of blues music?
- 5 Why is blues the devil’s music?
- 6 Are metals blues?
- 7 Who are the best new blues artists?
- 8 What came first blues or rock?
- 9 What are the similarities between blues and rock?
- 10 Who is the best blues guitarist today?
- 11 What is the difference between country and city blues?
- 12 Does Kenny Wayne Shepherd sing?
- 13 What are the 3 elements of blues?
- 14 What are the 3 chords used in the blues?
- 15 What are 3 characteristics of blues music?
Who invented blues rock?
In the late 1960s, Jeff Beck, with his band the Jeff Beck Group, developed blues rock into a form of heavy rock.
What is the difference between blues and rock?
The style of Blues can be traced mainly from Afro-American folk music while rock music had bigger influences from Rock and Roll and Electric Blues. Pure rock is said to contain 3 chords only and most rock subgenres has 4.5 chord repetitions whereas Blues use 12-bar blues chord progressions.
What bands are considered blues rock?
Definition: Blues Rock originated during the early 1960s as a fusion of two of the most popular music genres of all time.
- The Rolling Stones.
- Jimi Hendrix.
- Led Zeppelin.
- The Allman Brothers Band.
- Janis Joplin (with Big Brother and the Holding Company)
- The Yardbirds.
- The Doors.
What are the main characteristics of blues music?
Although instrumental accompaniment is almost universal in the blues, the blues is essentially a vocal form. Blues songs are lyrical rather than narrative; blues singers are expressing feelings rather than telling stories. The emotion expressed is generally one of sadness or melancholy, often due to problems in love.
Why is blues the devil’s music?
The origins of the blues are closely related to the religious music of Afro-American community, the spirituals. It was the low-down music played by rural blacks. Depending on the religious community a musician belonged to, it was more or less considered a sin to play this low-down music: blues was the devil’s music.
Are metals blues?
Heavy metal derives primarily from blues -based hard rock. However, when the New Wave Of British Heavy Metal arose in the mid-to-late ’70s, most of the blues aspects of heavy metal music were toned down in order to give way to a faster and even more aggressive sound.
Who are the best new blues artists?
10+ Contemporary Blues Artists Who Are Keeping the Blues Alive
- 10 Great Modern Blues Artists. The numbers are not a ranking system, they are in no particular order.
- Kenny Wayne Shepherd.
- Joe Bonamassa.
- Warren Haynes.
- Janiva Magness.
- Tab Benoit.
- Larkin Poe.
- Robert Cray.
What came first blues or rock?
Rock and roll emerged as a defined musical style in the United States in the early to mid-1950s. It derived most directly from the rhythm and blues music of the 1940s, which itself developed from earlier blues, the beat-heavy jump blues, boogie woogie, up-tempo jazz and swing music.
What are the similarities between blues and rock?
Both rock and blues are composed of drums, guitars, and vocals. As blues was becoming increasingly popular throughout the 1950s, manipulation of notes and amplifying instruments occurred.
Who is the best blues guitarist today?
Top 15 Contemporary Blues Rock Guitarists 2020
- ERIC GALES. Eric Gales is one of the finest guitarists in the world right now in the blues based rock, jazz or any other style.
- JOE BONAMASSA.
- JOANNA CONNOR.
- JOE LOUIS WALKER.
- ROBBEN FORD.
- JOSH SMITH.
- ALBERT CASTIGLIA.
- MIKE ZITO.
What is the difference between country and city blues?
City blues is a modified version of country blues. City blues was more organized than country blues and usually accompanied by more instruments. The rhythm was controlled by a twelve bar structure and the lyrics were sophisticated and mature (Ferber 1).
Does Kenny Wayne Shepherd sing?
On Kenny Wayne Shepherd’s brand-new album, “The Traveler,” the blues rocker sings lead on half the songs. For someone who has put his guitar playing first, singing that much has not always been his way. Pushing Shepherd to sing more is someone known for his voice as much as for his guitar playing, Stephen Stills.
What are the 3 elements of blues?
Major Elements of Blues Music
- Melody and Harmony. The harmony of blues music mainly focuses on the first, fourth and fifth chords of a combination.
- Rhythm. Would you like to write for us?
- Musical Instrument Sounds.
What are the 3 chords used in the blues?
A common type of three – chord song is the simple twelve-bar blues used in blues and rock and roll. Typically, the three chords used are the chords on the tonic, subdominant, and dominant (scale degrees I, IV and V): in the key of C, these would be the C, F and G chords.
What are 3 characteristics of blues music?
Harmony and tonality
- the harmony is predominately related to the tonic, subdominant and dominant.
- minor 7th chords and other chord extensions are heard.
- dissonant harmonies are a common feature.