- 1 Where should I start listening to blues?
- 2 What are some good blues?
- 3 What is the most recorded blues tune of all time?
- 4 What are the top 20 blues songs?
- 5 Who are the best blues guitarists?
- 6 What album of BB S is considered one of the best live blues recordings of all time?
- 7 What are the blues standards?
- 8 Who is the most famous blues singer?
- 9 Why do I love the blues so much?
- 10 Where is blues music most popular?
- 11 What makes Blues different from other music?
- 12 What blues means?
- 13 How many types of blues are there?
- 14 Who are the most famous blues musicians?
Where should I start listening to blues?
- Lead Belly: Where Did You Sleep Last Night: Lead Belly Legacy, Vol.
- Robert Johnson: King of the Delta Blues Singers.
- Elmore James: The Definitive Collection.
- Howlin Wolf: Moanin’ in the Moonlight.
- Muddy Waters: At Newport 1960.
- B.B. King: Live at the Regal.
- John Mayall: Bluesbreakers With Eric Clapton.
What are some good blues?
The Best Blues Songs Of All Time
- BB King – The Thrill Is Gone.
- Robert Johnson – Me And The Devil Blues.
- John Lee Hooker – Boogie Chillen.
- Little Walter And His Jukes – My Babe.
- Howlin’ Wolf – Evil.
- Robert Johnson – Crossroads.
- Blind Lemon Jefferson – Matchbox Blues.
- Muddy Waters – Got My Mojo Working.
What is the most recorded blues tune of all time?
Here are the top 10 greatest blues songs of all time:
- I Cant Quit You Baby – Otis Rush.
- I’d Rather Go Blind – Etta James.
- Crossroad Blues – Robert Johnson.
- Pride and Joy – Stevie Ray Vaughan.
- I’m Tore Down – Freddy King.
- Born Under A Bad Sign – Albert King.
- Sunshine of Your Love – Cream.
- Hoochie Coochie Man – Muddy Waters.
What are the top 20 blues songs?
Friday Top: 20 Best Blues Songs of All Time
- Gary Moore – Still Got the Blues (For You)
- Albert King – Born Under a Bad Sign.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan – Texas Flood.
- Lead Belly – Where Did you Sleep Last Night.
- Jimi Hendrix – Red House.
- Robert Johnson – Cross Road Blues.
- John Lee Hooker – Boom Boom.
- B.B. King – The Thrill Is Gone.
Who are the best blues guitarists?
My List of Best Blues Guitarists
- Jimmy Reed.
- B.B. King.
- Chuck Berry.
- Buddy Guy.
- Jimi Hendrix.
- Eric Clapton.
- Rory Gallagher.
- Stevie Ray Vaughn. Stephen Ray Vaughan (October 3, 1954 – August 27, 1990) was a Grammy Award-winning American guitarist, singer, and songwriter.
What album of BB S is considered one of the best live blues recordings of all time?
Live at the Regal is a 1965 live album by American blues guitarist and singer B.B. King. It was recorded on November 21, 1964 at the Regal Theater in Chicago. The album is widely heralded as one of the greatest blues albums ever recorded and is #141 on Rolling Stone’s 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.
What are the blues standards?
Blues standards are blues songs that have attained a high level of recognition due to having been widely performed and recorded. They represent the best known and most interpreted blues songs that are seen as having permanent value.
Who is the most famous blues singer?
The main source being The All Music Guide To The Blues (Miller Freeman Books).
- The Top Ten.
- Charley Patton (1887 – 1934)
- Blind Blake (early 1890s – 1933)
- Blind Lemon Jefferson (1897 – 1929)
- Lonnie Johnson (1899 – 1970)
- Louis Jordan (1908 -1975)
- T-Bone Walker (1910 – 1975)
- John Lee “Sonny Boy” Williamson (1914 -1948)
Why do I love the blues so much?
It’s expressing your emotion through the music to relay a message or a feeling. I love Blues because it’s so raw and honest, there’s so much emotion in the music.
Where is blues music most popular?
Chicago. The great city of Chicago has music venues for every taste, but it is particularly known for the Blues. The “Chicago Blues ” style came about in the post-World War II-era when many African-American southerners moved to the industrial north in search of jobs.
What makes Blues different from other music?
blues is usually in 4/4 time. there is syncopation to emphasise the weak beats. swing rhythms are heard- quavers are uneven and give a triplet feel to the beat. early blues music was very slow but got faster as the style developed.
What blues means?
Definition of ‘ blues ‘ 1. a feeling of depression or deep unhappiness. 2. a type of folk song devised by Black Americans at the beginning of the 20th century, usually employing a basic 12-bar chorus, the tonic, subdominant, and dominant chords, frequent minor intervals, and blue notes.
How many types of blues are there?
Modern studies of the blues identify a range of different styles of blues: delta blues, country blues, down-home blues, urban blues, harmonica blues and so on.
Who are the most famous blues musicians?
- BIG BILL BROONZY (Lee Conley Bradley; 1903 – 1958)
- SON HOUSE (Eddie James “Son” House, Jr.; 1902 –1988)
- BLIND WILLIE McTELL (William Samuel McTier; 1898 –1959)
- MAMIE SMITH (née Robinson; 1891 – 1946)
- ARTHUR “BIG BOY” CRUDUP (Arthur William Crudup; 1905 –1974)
- SKIP JAMES (Nehemiah Curtis “Skip” James; 1902 –1969)