How do I start playing blues?
The Best Way to Learn Blues Guitar
- Learn a basic blues shuffle.
- Practice playing the shuffle along with a drum machine or backing track.
- Learn some simple blues guitar licks.
- Practice playing those licks over a backing track.
- Pick an easy blues song and start learning it from start to finish.
What are the 3 chords used in the blues?
A common type of three – chord song is the simple twelve-bar blues used in blues and rock and roll. Typically, the three chords used are the chords on the tonic, subdominant, and dominant (scale degrees I, IV and V): in the key of C, these would be the C, F and G chords.
What are the basic blues chords?
Guitar skills: Kick your blues jam sessions off with these essential open-position and moveable chord shapes.
- A7 (open) (Image credit: Future)
- A7 (moveable) (Image credit: Future)
- C7 (open) (Image credit: Future)
- C7 (moveable) (Image credit: Future)
- G7 (open) (Image credit: Future)
- G7 (moveable)
- E7 (open)
- E7 (moveable)
What is the 3 chord trick?
The three chord trick refers to the practice of accompanying a melody by only three chords. There are large numbers of melodies, both popular and classical, that can be harmonised in this way.
What is the most common key for Blues?
Blues guitar keys The two most common keys in blues music are E and A.