What is the meaning of the song I Guess That’s Why They Call It the Blues?
Discussing the meaning of the song, Bernie Taupin said: “I wrote this in Montserrat, an island that, tragically, no longer exists. Basically, it’s a letter home with a small tip included about making the most of time, not wishing it away just because you can’t be with the one you love.
What songs are called Blues?
While you’re reading, listen to our Best Blues Songs playlist here.
- BB King – The Thrill Is Gone.
- Robert Johnson – Me And The Devil Blues.
- John Lee Hooker – Boogie Chillen.
- Little Walter And His Jukes – My Babe.
- Howlin’ Wolf – Evil.
- Robert Johnson – Crossroads.
- Blind Lemon Jefferson – Matchbox Blues.
What blues means?
Definition of ‘ blues ‘ 1. a feeling of depression or deep unhappiness. 2. a type of folk song devised by Black Americans at the beginning of the 20th century, usually employing a basic 12-bar chorus, the tonic, subdominant, and dominant chords, frequent minor intervals, and blue notes.
Why Do They Call It The Blues Ffxiv?
Why They Call It the Blues is a level 20 Blue Mage quest. It is obtained in Ul’dah by speaking with Martyn in Ul’dah – Steps of Thal. Players must have reached level 10 and learned Mind Blast before the quest can be acquired.
Whats the meaning of I guess?
phrase. You say I guess to show that you are slightly uncertain or reluctant about what you are saying. [mainly US, informal, vagueness]
How old is Elton John?
Sir Elton was born Reginald Kenneth Dwight on March 25, 1947, meaning he turns 74 -years-old in 2021.
What are the top 20 blues songs?
Friday Top: 20 Best Blues Songs of All Time
- Gary Moore – Still Got the Blues (For You)
- Albert King – Born Under a Bad Sign.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan – Texas Flood.
- Lead Belly – Where Did you Sleep Last Night.
- Jimi Hendrix – Red House.
- Robert Johnson – Cross Road Blues.
- John Lee Hooker – Boom Boom.
- B.B. King – The Thrill Is Gone.
Who is the most famous blues singer?
The main source being The All Music Guide To The Blues (Miller Freeman Books).
- The Top Ten.
- Charley Patton (1887 – 1934)
- Blind Blake (early 1890s – 1933)
- Blind Lemon Jefferson (1897 – 1929)
- Lonnie Johnson (1899 – 1970)
- Louis Jordan (1908 -1975)
- T-Bone Walker (1910 – 1975)
- John Lee “Sonny Boy” Williamson (1914 -1948)