- 1 Which note is the Blues note?
- 2 What is the Blues note on guitar?
- 3 What are the notes of the blues scale?
- 4 Why is it called a Blue Note?
- 5 What are the 3 chords used in the blues?
- 6 What is bent or Blue Note?
- 7 What are the basic blues chords?
- 8 What are the most common blues chords?
- 9 What is the best guitar for blues?
- 10 What is the 3 chord trick?
- 11 What is the blues scale used for?
- 12 Does Blue Note records still exist?
- 13 Where are the Blue Notes?
- 14 What is the most common form of the blues?
Which note is the Blues note?
The Blue Note (Flat 5th) The “Blue Note ” is the only difference between a minor pentatonic scale and the blues scale. The blue note is also known as a flat 5th. To find the flat 5th, we have to start with our standard minor scale.
What is the Blues note on guitar?
The blues scale is a six- note progression that sounds right at home in blues, rock, and country music. This scale is essentially the pentatonic scale plus one chromatic note, often called the blue note. This extra step gives the blues scale that unmistakably bluesy sound.
What are the notes of the blues scale?
In relation to the Major scale the notes of the Blues scale are: 1 – b3 – 4 – b5 – 5 – b7 – 1. The b3, b5 and b7 notes of the scale (for C Blues scale: Eb, Gb and Bb) are the so called blue notes of the scale.
Why is it called a Blue Note?
C major blues scale It finds its roots in African-American music at the time of slavery and ended up being widely used within blues, receiving the name “blues scale”. The term “ blue note ” is usually translated as “outside note “, due to the fact that this note does not belong to the natural scale.
What are the 3 chords used in the blues?
A common type of three – chord song is the simple twelve-bar blues used in blues and rock and roll. Typically, the three chords used are the chords on the tonic, subdominant, and dominant (scale degrees I, IV and V): in the key of C, these would be the C, F and G chords.
What is bent or Blue Note?
The blue notes are usually said to be the lowered third, lowered fifth, and lowered seventh scale degrees. Blue notes are also prevalent in English folk music. Bent or “blue notes “, called in Ireland “long notes “, play a vital part in Irish music.
What are the basic blues chords?
Guitar skills: Kick your blues jam sessions off with these essential open-position and moveable chord shapes.
- A7 (open) (Image credit: Future)
- A7 (moveable) (Image credit: Future)
- C7 (open) (Image credit: Future)
- C7 (moveable) (Image credit: Future)
- G7 (open) (Image credit: Future)
- G7 (moveable)
- E7 (open)
- E7 (moveable)
What are the most common blues chords?
The dominant 7th chord is the most common used chord in blues. But also the ninth and thirteenth chords are found regularly in blues music to give that extra flavor to a chord progression.
What is the best guitar for blues?
The best blues guitars you can buy right now
- Fender Vintera ’70s Stratocaster.
- Gibson Les Paul Standard ’50s.
- Fender Jimmy Page Mirror Telecaster.
- PRS SE Paul’s Guitar.
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard PlusTop Pro.
- Gretsch G5655TG Electromatic Center Block Jr.
- Danelectro ’59XT.
- Guild Newark St Collection S-200 T-Bird.
What is the 3 chord trick?
The three chord trick refers to the practice of accompanying a melody by only three chords. There are large numbers of melodies, both popular and classical, that can be harmonised in this way.
What is the blues scale used for?
Usage. In jazz, the blues scale is used by improvising musicians in a variety of harmonic contexts. It can be played for the entire duration of a twelve bar blues progression constructed off the root of the first dominant seventh chord.
Does Blue Note records still exist?
Blue Note Records is an American jazz record label owned by Universal Music Group and operated under Capitol Music Group. Established in 1939 by Alfred Lion and Max Margulis, it derived its name from the blue notes of jazz and the blues.
|Blue Note Records|
|Official website||www. bluenote.com|
Where are the Blue Notes?
These “true blue notes ” are located in between the b3rd and major 3rd, and between the b7th and major 7th, respectively, and help to produce the profound sound of the blues.
What is the most common form of the blues?
The most common musical form of blues is the 12-bar blues. The term “12-bar” refers to the number of measures, or musical bars, used to express the theme of a typical blues song.