What blues means?
Definition of ‘ blues ‘ 1. a feeling of depression or deep unhappiness. 2. a type of folk song devised by Black Americans at the beginning of the 20th century, usually employing a basic 12-bar chorus, the tonic, subdominant, and dominant chords, frequent minor intervals, and blue notes.
What songs are called Blues?
While you’re reading, listen to our Best Blues Songs playlist here.
- BB King – The Thrill Is Gone.
- Robert Johnson – Me And The Devil Blues.
- John Lee Hooker – Boogie Chillen.
- Little Walter And His Jukes – My Babe.
- Howlin’ Wolf – Evil.
- Robert Johnson – Crossroads.
- Blind Lemon Jefferson – Matchbox Blues.
Why is it called Monday blues?
It has nothing to do with the color ‘ blue ‘. If you have blues, you feel sad. The commonest use is ‘ Monday Blues ‘ referring to laziness one gets to get to work (as they just enjoyed ‘work-free’ weekends). If you say, “Morning blues ” probably it means the morning you don’t feel to do anything.
How do you use blues in a sentence?
a state of depression.
- He plays blues on the accordion.
- I’ve got the blues today.
- He melded country music with blues to create rock and roll.
- Blues is a musical form that uses a lot of repetition.
- She has cried the blues about its financial woes.
- The sound veers between jazz and countrified blues.
What is the purpose of the blues?
The social significance of Blues music resides in the revolutionary element of African Americans creating their own aesthetics. Blues music represented the opposing voice that refused to be silenced by oppression and segregation. The Blues expressed this with unprecedented clarity, honesty and simplicity.
What are the top 20 blues songs?
Friday Top: 20 Best Blues Songs of All Time
- Gary Moore – Still Got the Blues (For You)
- Albert King – Born Under a Bad Sign.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan – Texas Flood.
- Lead Belly – Where Did you Sleep Last Night.
- Jimi Hendrix – Red House.
- Robert Johnson – Cross Road Blues.
- John Lee Hooker – Boom Boom.
- B.B. King – The Thrill Is Gone.
Who is the most famous blues singer?
The main source being The All Music Guide To The Blues (Miller Freeman Books).
- The Top Ten.
- Charley Patton (1887 – 1934)
- Blind Blake (early 1890s – 1933)
- Blind Lemon Jefferson (1897 – 1929)
- Lonnie Johnson (1899 – 1970)
- Louis Jordan (1908 -1975)
- T-Bone Walker (1910 – 1975)
- John Lee “Sonny Boy” Williamson (1914 -1948)