- 1 Who is a famous female blues music performer?
- 2 Who was the best female blues singer?
- 3 Who are the major performers of blues genre?
- 4 Who are famous blues musicians?
- 5 Who was the greatest of the classic blues singers?
- 6 Who was one of the famous female early blues singers?
- 7 Who is the prettiest female singer?
- 8 Who is greatest female singer of all time?
- 9 Who is the best female guitarist?
- 10 Why is blues the devil’s music?
- 11 What are the three famous blues songs?
- 12 Who made blues popular?
- 13 Who is the best blues music?
- 14 Where is blues music most popular?
- 15 Who is the legend of blues music?
Who is a famous female blues music performer?
No less a legend than Janis Joplin considered Bessie Smith the world’s greatest blues singer. She wasn’t alone in her adulation. Bessie – ‘The Empress of the Blues ‘ – was the biggest name in blues in the ’20s and ’30s.
Who was the best female blues singer?
The Best Modern Female Blues Musicians
- Ana Popovic.
- Samantha Fish.
- Joanne Shaw Taylor.
- Larkin Poe.
- Heather Gillis.
- Susan Tedeschi.
- Danielle Nicole.
- Ruthie Foster.
Who are the major performers of blues genre?
The main source being The All Music Guide To The Blues (Miller Freeman Books).
- The Top Ten.
- Charley Patton (1887 – 1934)
- Blind Blake (early 1890s – 1933)
- Blind Lemon Jefferson (1897 – 1929)
- Lonnie Johnson (1899 – 1970)
- Louis Jordan (1908 -1975)
- T-Bone Walker (1910 – 1975)
- John Lee “Sonny Boy” Williamson (1914 -1948)
Who are famous blues musicians?
|Name||Birth year||Primary style|
|Papa Charlie Jackson||1890*||Country blues|
|Skip James||1902||Delta blues|
|Blind Lemon Jefferson||1893||Country blues|
|Blind Willie Johnson||1897||Gospel blues|
Who was the greatest of the classic blues singers?
Whether you like Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson, or that bluesy broad Etta James, there’s now denying they’re all some of the most famous blues musicians of all time.
Who was one of the famous female early blues singers?
Gertrude “Ma” Rainey (1886–1939), known as “The Mother of the Blues ”, is credited as the first to perform the blues on stage as popular entertainment when she began incorporating blues into her act of show songs and comedy around 1902.
Who is the prettiest female singer?
These are top ten most beautiful female singers in the world.
- Taylor Swift. They say that Taylor Swift deserves the number one place on this list because she is a genuinely beautiful person.
- Selena Gomez.
- Katy Perry.
- Avril Lavigne.
- Demi Lovato.
- Ariana Grande.
- Jackie Evancho.
Who is greatest female singer of all time?
The Greatest Female Music Artists Of All Time
- Barbra Streisand.
- Nina Simone.
- Taylor Swift.
- Ella Fitzgerald.
- Amy Winehouse.
- Etta James.
- Mariah Carey.
- Aretha Franklin.
Who is the best female guitarist?
The Best Female Guitarists: An Essential Top 25 Countdown
- 17: Anne Clark (St Vincent)
- 16: Joan Jett (Joan Jett And The Blackhearts)
- 13: Nancy Wilson (Heart)
- 10: Kristin Hersh (Throwing Muses)
- 5: Emily Remler.
- 4: Memphis Minnie.
- 3: Elizabeth Cotten.
- 1: Sister Rosetta Tharpe.
Why is blues the devil’s music?
The origins of the blues are closely related to the religious music of Afro-American community, the spirituals. It was the low-down music played by rural blacks. Depending on the religious community a musician belonged to, it was more or less considered a sin to play this low-down music: blues was the devil’s music.
What are the three famous blues songs?
Top 10 Blues Songs of All Time
- I Cant Quit You Baby – Otis Rush.
- I’d Rather Go Blind – Etta James.
- Crossroad Blues – Robert Johnson.
- Pride and Joy – Stevie Ray Vaughan.
- I’m Tore Down – Freddy King.
- Born Under A Bad Sign – Albert King.
- Sunshine of Your Love – Cream.
- Hoochie Coochie Man – Muddy Waters.
Who made blues popular?
Blues music is characterised by sad melodies and even today the expression ‘having the blues ‘ means you are feeling gloomy. Early blues music was very slow and emotional using simple harmonies with a vocalist accompanied by a guitar. Bessie Smith and Robert Johnson made the blues style very popular in the 1920s.
Who is the best blues music?
The Best Blues Songs Of All Time
- BB King – The Thrill Is Gone.
- Robert Johnson – Me And The Devil Blues.
- John Lee Hooker – Boogie Chillen.
- Little Walter And His Jukes – My Babe.
- Howlin’ Wolf – Evil.
- Robert Johnson – Crossroads.
- Blind Lemon Jefferson – Matchbox Blues.
- Muddy Waters – Got My Mojo Working.
Where is blues music most popular?
Chicago. The great city of Chicago has music venues for every taste, but it is particularly known for the Blues. The “Chicago Blues ” style came about in the post-World War II-era when many African-American southerners moved to the industrial north in search of jobs.
Who is the legend of blues music?
The Devil’s Music: The Life And Legacy Of Robert Johnson. One of the first inductees into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Robert Johnson (1911-1938) was a legendary blues musician, whose influence spanned multiple generations and genres.