- 1 Who was the most famous blues singer?
- 2 Who are some of the most famous blues performers?
- 3 Who was a famous classic blues performer?
- 4 Who are the blues legends?
- 5 Who made blues popular?
- 6 Who was a famous singer in the 1920s?
- 7 Who is the best blues music?
- 8 What are the three famous blues songs?
- 9 Who is the best female blues singer?
- 10 Who is the oldest blues singer?
- 11 Where is blues music most popular?
- 12 What made the blues popular?
- 13 Who is the oldest musician alive?
- 14 Who are the best new blues artists?
Who was the most famous blues singer?
The main source being The All Music Guide To The Blues (Miller Freeman Books).
- The Top Ten.
- Charley Patton (1887 – 1934)
- Blind Blake (early 1890s – 1933)
- Blind Lemon Jefferson (1897 – 1929)
- Lonnie Johnson (1899 – 1970)
- Louis Jordan (1908 -1975)
- T-Bone Walker (1910 – 1975)
- John Lee “Sonny Boy” Williamson (1914 -1948)
Who are some of the most famous blues performers?
- BIG BILL BROONZY (Lee Conley Bradley; 1903 – 1958)
- SON HOUSE (Eddie James “Son” House, Jr.; 1902 –1988)
- BLIND WILLIE McTELL (William Samuel McTier; 1898 –1959)
- MAMIE SMITH (née Robinson; 1891 – 1946)
- ARTHUR “BIG BOY” CRUDUP (Arthur William Crudup; 1905 –1974)
- SKIP JAMES (Nehemiah Curtis “Skip” James; 1902 –1969)
Who was a famous classic blues performer?
Whether you like Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson, or that bluesy broad Etta James, there’s now denying they’re all some of the most famous blues musicians of all time. This list of blues singers, ranks the best blues music artists, singers, and musicians, and has been voted on and ranked by blues fans worldwide.
Who are the blues legends?
Top 10 Chicago Blues Artists
- Junior Wells – Topic. 2.51K subscribers.
- Sonny Boy Williamson II – Topic. 3.91K subscribers.
- Otis Rush – Topic. 2.26K subscribers.
- Little Walter – Topic. 4.76K subscribers.
- Bo Diddley – Topic. 3.82K subscribers.
- Willie Dixon – Topic. 3.31K subscribers.
- Muddy Waters – Topic. 29.9K subscribers.
Who made blues popular?
Blues music is characterised by sad melodies and even today the expression ‘having the blues ‘ means you are feeling gloomy. Early blues music was very slow and emotional using simple harmonies with a vocalist accompanied by a guitar. Bessie Smith and Robert Johnson made the blues style very popular in the 1920s.
Who was a famous singer in the 1920s?
The most famous jazz musician of the decade and possibly of all time was Louis Armstrong. Armstrong was a popular African American jazz musician who played the trumpet and cornet and was known for his distinct and gravelly singing voice.
Who is the best blues music?
The Best Blues Songs Of All Time
- BB King – The Thrill Is Gone.
- Robert Johnson – Me And The Devil Blues.
- John Lee Hooker – Boogie Chillen.
- Little Walter And His Jukes – My Babe.
- Howlin’ Wolf – Evil.
- Robert Johnson – Crossroads.
- Blind Lemon Jefferson – Matchbox Blues.
- Muddy Waters – Got My Mojo Working.
What are the three famous blues songs?
Top 10 Blues Songs of All Time
- I Cant Quit You Baby – Otis Rush.
- I’d Rather Go Blind – Etta James.
- Crossroad Blues – Robert Johnson.
- Pride and Joy – Stevie Ray Vaughan.
- I’m Tore Down – Freddy King.
- Born Under A Bad Sign – Albert King.
- Sunshine of Your Love – Cream.
- Hoochie Coochie Man – Muddy Waters.
Who is the best female blues singer?
The Best Modern Female Blues Musicians
- Ana Popovic.
- Samantha Fish.
- Joanne Shaw Taylor.
- Larkin Poe.
- Heather Gillis.
- Susan Tedeschi.
- Danielle Nicole.
- Ruthie Foster.
Who is the oldest blues singer?
10 Early Artists Who Defined the Blues
- Bessie Smith (1894-1937) Smith Collection/Gado/Getty Images.
- Big Bill Broonzy (1893-1958) Bettman/Getty Images.
- Blind Lemon Jefferson (1897-1929)
- Charley Patton (1887-1934)
- Leadbelly (1888-1949)
- Lonnie Johnson (1899-1970)
- Robert Johnson (1911-1938)
- Son House (1902-1988)
Where is blues music most popular?
Chicago. The great city of Chicago has music venues for every taste, but it is particularly known for the Blues. The “Chicago Blues ” style came about in the post-World War II-era when many African-American southerners moved to the industrial north in search of jobs.
What made the blues popular?
In the 1920s, the blues became a major element of African American and American popular music, reaching white audiences via Handy’s arrangements and the classic female blues performers. The blues evolved from informal performances in bars to entertainment in theaters.
Who is the oldest musician alive?
Today’s Oldest Living Rock N’ Roll Stars- And They STILL Look Good
- Henry Gray – 91 years old.
- Roy Haynes – 91 years old.
- Chuck Berry – 90 years old.
- Big Jay McNeely – 89 years old.
- Johnny Thunder – 84 years old.
- Yoko Ono – 83 years old.
- Lloyd Price – 83 years old.
- Willie Nelson – 83 years old.
Who are the best new blues artists?
10+ Contemporary Blues Artists Who Are Keeping the Blues Alive
- 10 Great Modern Blues Artists. The numbers are not a ranking system, they are in no particular order.
- Kenny Wayne Shepherd.
- Joe Bonamassa.
- Warren Haynes.
- Janiva Magness.
- Tab Benoit.
- Larkin Poe.
- Robert Cray.