- 1 Who’s the best blues player in the world?
- 2 Who is World No 1 guitarist?
- 3 Who are the most famous blues musicians?
- 4 Who is the best guitarist of all time?
- 5 Who is the most famous blues singer?
- 6 Who is the best black guitarist in the world?
- 7 Who is the most skilled guitarist?
- 8 Who is the best guitarist alive today?
- 9 What is the best guitar solo ever?
- 10 Who made blues popular?
- 11 Who is the best blues music?
- 12 Who is the legend of blues music?
- 13 Was John Lennon a good guitarist?
- 14 Who are the top 20 guitarists of all time?
- 15 Who are the top 50 guitarists of all time?
Who’s the best blues player in the world?
The 10 best blues guitarists in the world today
- Chris Buck.
- Joe Bonamassa.
- Samantha Fish.
- Derek Trucks. More Trucks. (Image credit: James Sharrock / Future) Rig tour: Derek Trucks.
- Martin Harley.
- Gary Clark Jr. More Gary. (Image credit: Jay West / Getty)
- Eric Gales.
- Christone ‘Kingfish’ Ingram.
Who is World No 1 guitarist?
Overwhelmingly, we found Jimi Hendrix in the number one spot with Eric Clapton and Jimmy Page often locked in a wrestling match for second ranking. Remarkably, among the 33 guitarists mentioned in the top ten places across these lists, not one was a woman.
Who are the most famous blues musicians?
- BIG BILL BROONZY (Lee Conley Bradley; 1903 – 1958)
- SON HOUSE (Eddie James “Son” House, Jr.; 1902 –1988)
- BLIND WILLIE McTELL (William Samuel McTier; 1898 –1959)
- MAMIE SMITH (née Robinson; 1891 – 1946)
- ARTHUR “BIG BOY” CRUDUP (Arthur William Crudup; 1905 –1974)
- SKIP JAMES (Nehemiah Curtis “Skip” James; 1902 –1969)
Who is the best guitarist of all time?
Jimi Hendrix has been voted the Greatest Guitarist Of All Time by readers of the Louder website. Over 70,000 votes were cast in the poll, with Hendrix topping a list of 50 guitarists, followed by Jimmy Page, Eddie Van Halen, David Gilmour, Eric Clapton and Stevie Ray Vaughan.
Who is the most famous blues singer?
The main source being The All Music Guide To The Blues (Miller Freeman Books).
- The Top Ten.
- Charley Patton (1887 – 1934)
- Blind Blake (early 1890s – 1933)
- Blind Lemon Jefferson (1897 – 1929)
- Lonnie Johnson (1899 – 1970)
- Louis Jordan (1908 -1975)
- T-Bone Walker (1910 – 1975)
- John Lee “Sonny Boy” Williamson (1914 -1948)
Who is the best black guitarist in the world?
Jimi Hendrix To fully understand Hendrix’s trailblazing virtuosity, look no farther than his ranking in Rolling Stone’s ‘100 Greatest Guitarist ‘ list: Number 1. He was a genius on the guitar, pushing the musical boundaries of his iconic Fender Stratocaster in ways previously unimaginable.
Who is the most skilled guitarist?
Guitar gods: The 30 most influential lead guitarists of all time
- 1 of 30. Duane Allman. Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images.
- 2 of 30. Chet Atkins. GAB Archive/Redferns.
- 3 of 30. Jeff Beck. Clayton Call/Redferns.
- 4 of 30. Chuck Berry.
- 5 of 30. Ritchie Blackmore.
- 6 of 30. Eric Clapton.
- 7 of 30. Lita Ford.
- 8 of 30. David Gilmour.
Who is the best guitarist alive today?
The 10 best rock guitarists in the world today
- Justin Hawkins and Dan Hawkins (The Darkness)
- Mark Tremonti and Myles Kennedy (Alter Bridge)
- Nita Strauss.
- John Mayer.
- Tom Morello.
- Jerry Cantrell and William Duvall (Alice In Chains)
- Matt Bellamy (Muse)
What is the best guitar solo ever?
The 10 Best Rock Guitar Solos of All Time
- Van Halen – Eruption.
- Lynyrd Skynyrd – Free Bird.
- Dire Straits – Sultans of Swing.
- Led Zeppelin – Stairway to Heaven.
- Ozzy Osbourne – Crazy Train. Guitarist: Randy Rhoads.
- Cream – Crossroads.
- Guns N’ Roses – Sweet Child O’ Mine.
- The Allman Brothers Band – Statesboro Blues.
Who made blues popular?
Blues music is characterised by sad melodies and even today the expression ‘having the blues ‘ means you are feeling gloomy. Early blues music was very slow and emotional using simple harmonies with a vocalist accompanied by a guitar. Bessie Smith and Robert Johnson made the blues style very popular in the 1920s.
Who is the best blues music?
The Best Blues Songs Of All Time
- BB King – The Thrill Is Gone.
- Robert Johnson – Me And The Devil Blues.
- John Lee Hooker – Boogie Chillen.
- Little Walter And His Jukes – My Babe.
- Howlin’ Wolf – Evil.
- Robert Johnson – Crossroads.
- Blind Lemon Jefferson – Matchbox Blues.
- Muddy Waters – Got My Mojo Working.
Who is the legend of blues music?
The Devil’s Music: The Life And Legacy Of Robert Johnson. One of the first inductees into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Robert Johnson (1911-1938) was a legendary blues musician, whose influence spanned multiple generations and genres.
Was John Lennon a good guitarist?
John Lennon was a very good guitar player. Although he has always been iconic as a singer and songwriter, his guitar work was often unfortunately underrated and overlooked throughout his career.
Who are the top 20 guitarists of all time?
To decide the 20 most important people in guitar.
- Jimi Hendrix.
- Edward Van Halen.
- Eric Clapton.
- Paul McCartney.
- Pete Townshend.
- George Harrison.
- Angus Young.
- Jimmy Page.
Who are the top 50 guitarists of all time?
To celebrate the world’s best guitarists, we’re celebrating the fret-wranglers who made rock’n’roll history by publishing the definitive, 100% infallible list of the 50 Greatest Guitarists Ever.
- Michael Schenker.
- George Harrison.
- Malcolm Young.
- Paul Gilbert.
- Tom Morello.
- Robin Trower.
- Peter Green.
- Steve Morse.